UGC Approved 3 years regular Degree Programme COURSE OF STUDY
The college offers the following two ‘NSQF’ (National Skill Qualification
Framework) complaint UGC approved 3-year regular degree programmes under semester
system for vocational studies as mentioned below
- B. Voc. In retail management
- B. Voc. In hospitality & tourism
- To provide multiple entry and exit options as various levels through program
design in conformation to the skill eco system.
- To create requisite job role specific skilled manpower for industry at
Various NSQF levels as per NOS’S (National Occupational Standards).
- To empower the youth leading to employment and income generating opportunities
- To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate
content of general education
- To provide flexibility to the students by means of predefined entry and
multiple exit levels.
- To integrate skill based NSQF complaint vocational studies with the undergraduate
level of higher education in order to enhance employability of the graduates
and meet the industry requirements. Such graduates apart from meeting the
needs of local and national industry are also expected to be competent to
become part of the global workforce.
B. Voc. Programme is designed with the provision for multiple exit levels.
All the candidates enrolled for diploma courses or further will be treated
at part from the second semester onwards. Students may exit after six months
with the certificate (NSQF LEVEL 4) or they may continue for diploma or advance
diploma level courses leading to B. Voc. Degree. Following table provides
a snapshot of the various certificates and their duration:
| NSQF Level
||Skill Component credits
||General Education Credits
||Total Credits for Awards
|6||72||48||120||Four sem.||Advanced Diploma
|7||108||72||180||Six sem.||B. Voc. Degree
MULTIPLE ENTRY AND EXIT OPTIONS:
- After the completion of semester I, the candidate will get a certificate,
and she/he may go for a job of continue studying.
- The candidate may rejoin semester II. After the completion of semester
II, the candidate will get a diploma, and she/he may go for a job or continue
- The candidate may rejoin semester III. After the completion of semester
III and IV, the candidate will get an Advanced Diploma. And she/he may go
for a job or continue studying.
- The candidate may rejoin semester V. after the completion of semester V
and VI, the candidate will be awarded a B. Voc. Degree, and she/he may go
for a job or continue studying for the M. Voc. Degree (NSQF Level 8 onwards)
and can register for Ph. D. degree (NSQF Level 10) after it in Vocational
studies, or they can take admission in any competitive exams conducted by
state admission in any competitive exams conducted by state Public Service
Commission and Union Public Service Commission.
- Internship for 6 weeks after the completion of each year is an integral/essential
component of B. Voc. degree.
- The internship shall also carry credits to be added in the final evolution
of skill components.
- HPKVN (Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam) is fully sponsoring the internship
apart from facilitating the skill components (60%) of the programmes are
entitled for ‘Karshal Vikas Bhatta’ as per state government policy.
JOB OPPPORTUNITIES RETAIL MANAGEMENT
- After the completion of the first semester, the students will get a “Sales
Associate” certificate in the retail Management sector from re-tailers associations
skill council of India (RASCI). The candidate may work as a certified resource
in any retail relation industry.
- After the completion of the second semester, the students will get a combined
“Team leader” diploma in the retail management sector from retailers associations
skill council of India (RASCI) and Himachal Pradesh University. The candidate
may get an opportunity to work in any retail related industry.
- After the completion of the second year, the student will get a combined
“departmental manager” advanced diploma in the retail management sector from
retailer associations skill council of India (RASCI) and Himachal Pradesh
University. The candidate may work as a skilled resource in the related field
as well as explore opportunities to become an entrepreneur.
- After the completion of the third year, the student will get a degree certificate
from the Himachal Pradesh University. The candidate may become a “store manager”
in retail related industries as well as explore opportunities to become an
||III & V
CONDITIONS FOR ADDMISSION
- Admission to the b Voc. Programme will be as per the rules and regulations
of the Himachal Pradesh University.
- The eligibility criteria for admission to be the B Voc. Degree programme
shall be 10+2 examination or an examination equivalent there of from a Board
/ university established by law in India with English as a compulsory subject
with 45% marks in aggregate, or any examination of University / Board /College
or school in a foreign country recognized as equivalent for the above purpose
by the vice chancellor /equivalence committee on its own, or on the recommendation
of India universities with 45% marks or as per eligibility norms of the college
for admission to undergraduate courses in case of center of excellence.
- Vocational subjects under NSQF will be given weight age, equivalent to
any other general education subject while considering admission to students
to the undergraduate courses as per refrence no. |DD no__1-52/2013 (cc/NSQF)
dated 30.04.2014 of UGC.
- Maximum age limit for admission to b. Voc. Courses is 23 years for general
and 25 years for sc/st category and 25 years for girls candidates as on July
1 of the admission year. The vice chancellor may permit age relaxation as
- Reservation rules are applicable as per the rules or guidelines of the
Himachal Pradesh Govt.
- Students belonging to sc/st category shall be given a 5% relaxation in
marks for admission purpose that is they would require a minimum of 40% marks
in aggregate at 10+2 level
- Compartment students shall not be allowed admission in the b. voc. Programmes
- A candidate cannot pursue two full time undergraduate courses simultaneously.
- The university reserves the right to cancel any admission at any stage.
- In matters relaxing to undergraduate admissions, the decision of the admission
committee/vice-chancellor, Himachal Pradesh University Shimla shall be
- All legal matters pertaining to undergraduate admission shall be subject
to the Himachal Pradesh jurisdiction only.
MODEL OF SELECTION
- Admission to the b. voc. Programme in retail management and hospitality & tourism
(semester-I) shall be done purely on the merit in the qualifying examination
- There are three category of candidates who shall be given admission in
semester I of the skill based courses under NSQF
Category1: student s who have already acquired NSQF certification level 4
in a particular industry sector may opt for admission in the skill based course
Catagory2: students who have acquired NSQF certificate level 4 but may like
to change their trade and enter into skill based courses in a different trade.
Category3: students who have passed the +2 examination with conventional
schooling without any background of vocational training.
Note : regarding selection of students for B Voc. Programme, 10% extra
weight age shall be given to category-1,5% extra weight age shall be given
to category-2 in +2 examination. Final list of the students shall be finalixed
MEDIUM OF INSTUCTION
- The course content of the B Voc. Programme will be taught in English.